Victoria has some of the slackest political donation laws in the Western world. This allows dodgy developers, gambling lobbyists, or even mobsters to influence our democracy.
Labor and the Liberals have ignored The Greens' calls for changes to our dodgy political donations laws, but they can't ignore you: the voters.
SIGN OUR PETITION
Victoria's Liberal leader Matthew Guy's dinner with alleged mobsters and Labor's acceptance of donations linked to Crown Casino undermine everyone's trust in our democracy.
Sign our petition demanding the Victorian Government:
1,096 my name - no dirty money in politics!s
- Bans donations from corporations and the gambling and property developer industries
- Caps donations from individuals at $1000
- Requires all donations over $100 to be disclosed within 7 days
- Gives the anti-corruption commission real teeth to investigate MPs
The Greens support laws that
- Ban donations from corporations in certain industries such as gambling and property development
- Cap donations from individuals at $1000
- Require all donations over $100 to be disclosed within seven business days to bring us in line with other states such as Queensland which have real-time donations disclosure; and
- Give the anti-corruption commission real teeth to investigate MPs.
Victoria has some of the weakest political donations laws in the western world.
Donations under $13 500 can be kept entirely secret, and larger donations can be kept secret until months after an election as our donation disclosure laws are so weak and disclosure is severely delayed.
Labor and The Liberals can't ignore our call, stand with us to get dirty money out of our democracy.